For starters here are a few general guiding principles for choosing Drupal vs. WordPress…
When to use WordPress
- The site will be in the small to medium size range,
- Designing and rolling out the site quickly is important,
- The site is mostly informational in nature, such as a blog, magazine or small business,
- Ease of use is important, and
- The people who will be maintaining the site on a day-to-day basis have very little technical ability.
When to use Drupal
- The site will start out big and will likely get bigger and bigger over time,
- The site will be developed by professionals,
- The site needs to handle a complex variety of content types, from multimedia to eCommerce, and mCommerce,
- Multilingual support is important, and
- Ease of use is not that important because there is a dedicated IT staff to update and make changes to the site.