MySQL is the open source relational database system coming with reliable features. One can develop a fantastic application using MySQL. Its advantages are more and worldwide applications are getting developed enormously. With PHP, its partnership is well proven. Let us see the most important features that every beginner should have in mind.
Top Five Features of MySQL:
1. MySQL does not currently comply with the full SQL standard for some of the implemented functionality, including the foreign key.
2. MySQL can be built and installed manually from Source Code, but this can be tedious so it is more commonly installed.
3. Backups are performed by using an external tool provided by the operating system device, with additional support from MySQL for ensuring consistency such as snapshots.
4. Ensuring high availability requires a certain amount of redundancy in the system.
5. MySQL can also be run on cloud computing platforms such as Amazon EC2.